Wednesday, June 6, 2012

This is an idea I found at  http://www.greatmathsteachingideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Proportional-formulae-concept-card-sort.pdf
This is something that we could use to have students synthesize math concepts.  I would use this during the second half of my flipped pre calculus class.

It would be great to create cards like this for every unit and have students organize the cards into particular groups.  In Geometry, I could have many pictures of quadrilaterals and ask students to find all of the cards where the quadrilaterals have diagonals that bisect each other.  This is a method for getting students to use higher order thinking on Bloom's Taxonomy.

Let me know if you have any great ideas for using these or have created some yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment